The passive ambient feature allows environmental or outside noise to mix in with the music. Noise Isolation is reduced from the 26dB to 12dB. This feature is designed primarily to aid professional stage musicians transitioning from traditional wedge speakers to in-ear monitors. Once an artist becomes comfortable with In–Ear Monitors, the ambient port is sealed. Our experience is less than 5% of our artists use this feature.
Articles in this section
- Do I need any other equipment for my in-ear monitors?
- Mixing and Producing With UE Pro
- Do I need or want the passive ambient feature for my UE Pro Custom In-Ear Monitors?
- What is the sound suppression aspects for each model? What benefit do they offer?
- How do I keep a tight seal on stage?
- Can I just add a custom fit tip to the universal in-ears that I’m currently using instead of buying a custom IEM?
- I'm worried about feedback spikes and other dangerous noises when using UE Pro in-ear monitors.
- Do you offer artist endorsements?
- How can drummers keep a tight seal on the UE Pro IEMs?
- Do in-ear monitors eliminate room variability?